Monday, December 13, 2010

It is almost here!


I have had to do a few things around my house lately as I prepare for the colder weather.. I put up plastic weather insulator on my windows. Let me tell you how much that is not a job for ladies! Oh, I know.. some of you maybe shaking your head that I just put our society in two different categories and back 50 years. But really.. Do y'all know how hard it is to put plastic around some darn windows!

Let me tell you.. it was hard.

Look at this guy.. I know he is all suave and such.. but I was not as graceful. But the job is now done and I have a tiny, tiny bit more warm of a home.

The second thing wrong in my house was, it's cold. Like not normal cold. So I ring my landlord and well.. the thromostat is broken..

We, my sweet roommate and I, don't know how to program the darn thing! Well that is a problem when it come to our heat.. but also there was a duct that was out of place under the house. I draw the line at that. There is no way I am getting under a house to fix a heating duct.

My landlord did.. and well it is much warmer.

The last solo adventure I had was purching my own Christmas Tree.

I was thinking. How am I going to be able to buy
a tree, strap that sucker down to my car and get the darn thing home.
In my mind I was picturing something about like this. But the man at the Easy-Way was very helpful in assisting me in this adventure. We put that tree in my trunk and I took off down the road. When I made it home that was another story. I had to man handle that tree as I got it out of my car. Spilling only half the needles and laid that sucker on my porch.
Then, I carried the beauty inside and got her in the tree stand and held onto the base while trying to secure the tree. It was funny.. I mean. Funny! Thankfully my sweet roommate came home for just a moment to help my adjust the thing to where it stood gracefully
in our living room. Here the tree is..

I am really in love with how it turned out. It has been a very long time since I have had a real Christmas tree. I usually get an artificial tree, but this year I didn't want to store the thing in my small Midtown apartment. I love all my sweet primitive ornaments. Pig and I slept on the couch last night so we could see the pretty tree each time we woke up. I really love Christmas. I love the cold. I love the lights. I love the smell of holiday baking. I could be my most favorite time of the year.

Until right now, I haven't talked about what Christmas is all about.. Christ.. He came to earth! He was born to a virgin. God himself taking on human flesh and is born. As I grumble about all I have to do alone, and I do grumble quite a lot. I am very thankful that Christ came to earth to teach us to pray and love. I am thankful that I don't have to do all that alone. So say it with me, Nativity is almost here. Rejoice and Praise God for he loves mankind.

Lord have mercy.

1 comment:

  1. The tree is beautiful!

    I'm so glad your apartment is warmer, I've been meaning to ask you about it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete